Apr 4, 2010

Mission Complete!

Yesterday, I found shoes to replace my sad Vans that finally died this past week. It was a mission. An epic quest for foot comfort and style. After scouring the town, I ended up with a pair of Simple Shoes. Brown with elastic "ties" instead of shoelaces. The L: I haz it. They are incredibly comfy, but were more than I really planned on spending. It's so hard for me to find shoes that fit, so I end up having to sacrifice one of my three requirements (comfort, fit, price). Oh, well. I'm happy with my purchase. I'm also pleased with the fact that they're green and eco-friendly and all that jazz. They're even vegan and the soles are made from recycled tires! I'm not vegan, and I wasn't really aiming for fancy shoes with old tires for soles, but it all ends up being bonus points.

I made pear cobbler this morning and lasagna for dinner. They were both very tasty. I also scrubbed the kitchen counters and the stove top this morning. Much more effort than I generally put into life on a Sunday. Usually Sundays are my leave-me-alone-and-let-me-die-before-monday days. It's not that I hate my job, it's just that I hate Mondays. I always walk into a shitstorm from the weekend with people wanting shit NOWNOWNOW, despite the fact that they didn't bother to mention the project to me until Sunday night. This is utterly useless to me because I do NOT check my work email over the weekend, and now that I have a handle on my job, I do NOT work weekends unless I absolutely have to... Anyway, I plan to make fish tacos Wednesday night, turkey burgers Thursday, and baked chicken that may or may not be stuffed with cheesy goodness on Friday night. Yum. I was thinking about making cheesecake sometime this week, but I feel like I might be too L to bother with it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment