Sep 27, 2009

Damn it!

I really need to get used to actually owning a camera again. Every single time I go somewhere with the intention of taking pictures, I forget my damned camera. Since my last camera got stolen, I've gotten so used to not having one that I forget about it until I go to take a picture of something. Then I go "Oh, hey! I have a camera! Pictures! Yay! Oh... I left it at home. *sigh*"

J and I went to the VA State Fair yesterday. It sprinkled the whole time, but we left right before the major rain hit. We happened to be there the same day as the big Alpaca Farm Day thing was going on, so we saw tons of alpacas. I loved it! I kind of wanted to rub my face on one of the alpaca's neck, but I restrained myself. Those things have some major teeth... We also met a super nice alpaca owner who does little workshop type things for the new alpaca owners that he sells animals to. Health, shearing, handling, fencing and barn construction, etc. He's going in my book for future alpaca reference. I will have alpacas some day.

We also saw tons of goats, only two sheep, a funny pig who would oink every time someone touched him, bebbeh piglets, cows (one of which totally wanted to be my friend. She'd lean against the enclosure and let my scratch her side, but as soon as I stopped she'd turn around, glare at me, and moo until I started scratching her again)... Typical fair animals. Oh! We also saw four oxen. I'd never seen one up close. We didn't pet them because there was a gaggle of kids in the area, but it was cool to see them. What else did we see... Typical fair stuff, really. I wasn't impressed with much of the knitting on display, and was supremely annoyed by one person in particular who would shove her way inbetween me and the case I was looking at instead of patiently waiting until I moved (I can only stay in once place for about 5 seconds at a time, so she wouldn't have had to wait for long). J almost flipped out on some idiots who pushed in front of us at the tram stop when we were leaving. His leg was killing him and we had been waiting on a tram for about 20 minutes by then.

Fun times and no pictures, but that's ok. I'm done with the fair for the year. Maybe next year I'll enter some of my knitting just to see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment