Nov 14, 2009

Mmm... Beer...

I think I'm going to like my new job a lot.
  • I get to wear jeans to work.
  • It's a desk job.
  • I actually have to use my brain.
  • I deal with beer.
  • I get a discount on beer.
  • The people I work with are nice, helpful, and are ok with me asking a million questions.
  • I'm salaried, so I won't ever get yelled at for going into OT.
  • I actually get to use my degree occasionally. 
  • The office manager says "fuck" every other sentence, so I don't have to censor my language anymore.
  • I end up getting about a month of training in the office and out at corporate, so I may actually have an idea of what I'm doing by the time January rolls around.
  • I do something different all the time, so I probably won't be bored ever.
  • The hours are perfect. 
  • I have weekends off.
  • I can actually pay my bills, eat, and have money left over on my current salary, which is a very good number for an entry-level position. Plus, I'm up for a raise after 6 months and 12 months, and then yearly after that.
Prepare yourselves. I'll be a beer snob by the end of the year.

The only things I'm not too happy about are the drive and the spiders. OMG THE SPIDERS! There are spiders all over the friggin' office! The drive isn't that bad since I'm going the opposite direction of the heavy traffic, but my car just doesn't get good enough gas mileage to be driving 41 miles round trip every day. Good excuse to get a new car next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment