Nov 6, 2009

INTERVIEW!

I like caps lock this week.

Remember how I said on Wednesday that I would know whether or not I got a second interview by next week? Well, they gave me a second interview Thursday morning. Seriously. Less than 24 hours after the phone interview, I had an email wanting to set up an in-person interview with the owners. They must really like me, which is good because I want this job more than any of the jobs I've applied for. It's perfect. The interview is Monday morning.

I went out and bought new dress pants for the interview since the one pair of good pants that I can actually zip are two sizes too big and have to be safety pinned at the waist. The other dress pants I own are two sizes too small. J is going to kill me, but that's ok.

Speaking of pants, I really appreciate how clothing companies are finally starting to realize that tall women exist and are making more pants in tall sizes. Now they need to figure out that those women who have to buy tall pants also have to buy shirts, skirts, and dresses with longer measurements. I'm sick of only being able to wear t-shirts and men's sweaters because those are the only things long enough. I want to wear cute shirts and blouses. I want to wear the cute sweaters in the women's section. I want to wear dresses again. I've not worn a dress since I was 17 because that's the last time I was short enough to wear a dress off the rack. Yeah, I could buy a new sewing machine and make my own dresses, but I really don't have the time for it.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

I hope the interview goes well for you!

Post a Comment