Oct 30, 2013

Maybe?

I'm maybe blogging again. I figure I should do something while I have this little thing attached to me night and day:


Pretty cute, huh? She's two weeks old now (one week old in the picture), and today is the last of three due dates I was given (and the "official" due date so I could avoid being induced). She was two weeks early, and I didn't even make it to the first due date. Now, you would think a 38 weeker would be a small little thing, right? NOPE. She was 9 lbs, 6 oz and 22.5" long. I don't know where in the world she hides her weight because her legs are too skinny for newborn diapers and all of her clothes are way too wide for her... 

I don't want this to turn into a mama blog entirely, so quick update on other things: 
* J has been home for almost a year now. 
* J recently found a job as an industrial welder. It's long hours and a long commute, but he likes it and the pay is decent.
* We bought a house on almost 15 acres this past summer. We're both very happy to be out of the city. The land is all wooded, we have a stream running through the property, and there is a cool little deck thing by the stream where I like to sit when the weather is nice. 
* I'm still at the same job, but am on the wonderful extended vacation known as maternity leave. Or what passes for maternity leave in this country... Don't even get me started on it. I go back January 6th unless I'm forced back sooner. 
* I haven't been knitting much because I've been busy and my belly was kind of in the way. It hurt my wrists to contort around my belly for more than a few minute at a time. I'm hoping to get some knitting time in while the tiny dictator is sleeping. I might actually try to knit today! 

Speaking of the sleeping dictator, she is out and the shower is calling my name. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment